DSI 2 (8-input) w-Sensor connectors, QDP, & HD19 - 110 VAC9677908
The DiPro Sensor Interface (DSI 2) allows you to connect most electromechanical and discrete-output electronic sensors to your die protection control.
The DSI 2 model (9677908) features 8 sensor inputs, with individual Lumberg SV-40 connectors for each sensor on the front panel, and both the HD19 and QDP connectors on the bottom of the unit. The HD19 connector, along with a HD19 cable, and HD19 Kit make it possible to connect up to 8 die-mounted sensors to the DSI 2 with a single cable. The QDP performs a similar function with a lighter duty package.
- Built-in 24 VDC, 12 Watt power supply to power your sensors.
- Pulse stretching on inputs 1-4 to stretch very fast signals (usually from part ejection sensors) to a fixed duration of 10mSec.
- Can accept input from any 24VDC 3-or-4-wire NPN or PNP sensor
- Compatible with electromenchanical (normally-open and normally-closed-to-ground) probes, switches, and sensors
- Can be used with 2-wire DC and Push/Pull output sensors if additional components are added
The DSI 2 is a flexible sensor connection solution. Other versions are available without front-panel connectors for wiring individual sensors, and with a variety of larger connectors (including a heavy duty 19-pin M23 connector) for use with die-mounted junction boxes that allow you to connect up to 16 sensors to the DSI with a single cable.
If you intend to supply your own die-mounted junction boxes, please read this Application Note about compatibility with the DSI 2.